To the moms and step-moms, wives and ex-wives. To the daughters, mothers, friends … to women:
1. You are worth investing in. Take time every day to take care of yourself! Eat healthy, get some exercise, take 10 minutes to just be … and get some sleep!
2. Let go of grudges. Forgive others and leave things that you can’t control alone. Stop holding on to anything that no longer serves you.
3. The world is full of haters and trolls. Believe in yourself and grow some thick skin in doing so. Create healthy boundaries without building unbreakable walls.
4. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Laugh at yourself. Learn from your own failures and then laugh some more.
5. Be unapologetic about being you! You are unique and you need to love and understand why that is so. Don’t lose yourself trying to live up to anyone else’s expectations of who you are or what you should be.
6. Own your reactions to other people’s actions. Don’t be mean. Don’t intimidate. Weak people act this way. Be strong. Be kind. Especially in the face of unkindness.
You can tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down.